S21-40 Thirdbase Nominees:1. R.A. Bowie: Playing from S25 to S39, Bowie did a bit of everything. He hit > 300 HR's, topped 2000 hits, & proved to be perhaps the best defensive 3B in Wrigleyville history. In over 15000 innings at 3B, he had an astounding 210 + plays to go with a career .984 FP and 3.18 range factor. As one would expect, Bowie won 5 GG's at 3B.
2. Jim Hartley: Hartley's another do it all 3B. Playing from S27-S41, Hartley proved nearly to be Bowie's equal defensively. He came up with 174 + plays while proving to be no slouch with the bat. He hit > 400 HR's, topped 2200 hits, scored nearly 1300 runs, and drove in almost 1400. Hartley brought home loads of hardware too: 8 time All-Star, 3 SS's, and 2 WS rings.
3. Quilvio Johnson: Still active, beginning his career in S32, Johnson has combined offense and defense well so far in his 9 seasons. Johnson has 101 + plays in > 10000 innings at 3B. With the bat he's slashed .298/.370/.471 for an impressive OPS of .841. He's already over 800 runs, 800 RBI's, 1700 hits, and 200 HR's at the age of 31. Johnson's a 3 time All-Star to date.
4. Alex Santana: This versatile all around 3B played from S26-S39. With the glove, played well at 2B and 3B. In > 10000 innings at 3B, he came up with 123 + plays. Offensively, Santana had a career OPS of .788. He scored > 1500 runs, hit close to 500 2B's, nearly 300 HR's, almost 2500 hits, and topped 500 steals. He's got loads of hardware too: 4 All-Star teams, 4 SS's (3 at 3B, 1 at 2B), 3 GG's (2 at 3B, 1 at 2B), and one WS ring.
5. Mule Wesson: Still going strong, Wesson began his career in S29. During his run, he's slashed .283/.348/.529. Mule has hit more than 500 HR's, scored > 1400 runs, topped 2300 hits, and driven in close to 1700 already. He's got a shot at some Hank Aaron type #'s. He's outstanding with the glove as well, coming up with 191 + plays in a bit under 14000 innings at 3B. Ok, we'll just start with the MVP's: 5 of them already. He's an 8 time All-Star, won 4 SS's, & he's hit for the cycle.
6. Nick Witte: Beginning in S29, Witte has become a premier 3B. He's slashed a robust .319/.413/.538 or his career. In his 12 season's he's hit 298 HR's, amassed > 1500 runs, well over 2000 hits, close to 500 2B's, & stolen over 300 bases. He's a very good defensive player too, totaling 94 + plays to date. For hardware, Witte has played in 9 All-Star games, won 9 SS's between 3B & 2B, 4 MVP's, and 4 WS's. Apologizes if I missed an MVP or something with hm!
There you have it all, SS & 3B for today. I'll attempt to get a group posted every three or so days and as always, if a player has been missed, let me know and I'll add them to the list.