Gearing up for the Home Stretch, AL Style:
1. Toronto Thunderbolts: 52-54, .491 - expected .472
2. Fargo Prairie Dogs: 51-55, .481 - expected .466
3. Cincinnati Consuls: 48-58, .453 - expected ..467
4. Philadelphia Cream Cheese: 45-61, .425 - expected .445
Welcome to the worst division in Wrigleyville! Right now my home division is shaping up like a race to .500. Whoever gets there, and can stay there, wins the division going away. None of us are good so what it all means is that whichever of us, and I think all four teams are still alive, gets in, will win the AL pennant.
1. New York Daredevils: 57-49, .538 - expected .586
2. Boston Knights: 55-51, .519 - expected .554
3. Dover Hammer'd Leprechauns: 53-53, .500 - expected .477
4. Louisville Redtails: 49-57, .462 - expected .455
Also pretty tight, top to bottom. Louisville is probably out of it, but they are hanging around enough that they could take it, providing they get hot. New York is still the favorite, but all three of the top teams are very much in the WC hunt. I think they get two teams into the playoffs.
1. St. Louis Spirits: 74-32, .698 - expected .723
2. Monterrey Jack: 50-56, .472 - expected ..474
3. Charlotte Sometimes: 47-59, .443 - expected .462
4. Austin Stunners: 43-63, .406 - expected .447
St. Louis is one of only two powerhouse squads in the AL. They're really good and will be tough to beat. They're even playing below expectations. The other three teams are all fighting it out to see if anyone can get their heads above H2O and into WC contention.
1. Santa Cruz Wildcats: 71-35, .670 - expected .641
2. Las Vegas Lazerbeams: 57-49, .538 - expected .517
3. Salem Salmonbellies: 48-58, .453 - expected .415
4. Colorado Merles: 45-61, .425 - expected .400
The Wildcats are the other premier team of the AL. They can pretty well put things on ice and wait for the playoffs. Las Vegas is a serious WC threat and could make some noise, Salem and Colorado and just hanging around.